Greetings, Salutations and a Hearty Hello.

'Ramblings'...'Meanderings' really does sum up what you may find here. A short story, a quote or something philosophical all with very little organization.

It is my hope, that with your interaction, we can experience life more fully through ideas, thoughts and questions. You see working together we are all smarter than each of us individually. And thanks, sincerely thank you for sharing your most valuable asset, time, with me as we Ramble and Meander through these pages.


Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanks.


Thanks. To each of you who take the time to read my stuff. It is the highest compliment you can bestow upon a writer, in my case Rambler. It does not go unappreciated here.

Thanks? For what, or better, whom are you thankful? And now we get to, what I hope, this Ramble turns out to actually be about.

In this country, even with all its problems and differences, we have so much, that we may get lost. Lost in what we are genuinely grateful for. So what really matters?

People: Our fellow brothers and sisters. Some are bad, very bad. I am not naive. But there are those who make our lives full, those who make our lives worth the effort, those who make us better! Have you taken the time to think about them, to feel, deeply feel, the gratitude and love you have for them. If you have, wonderful!

Have you told them?

Think for a moment, please, about how your life could have been different if they had not been a part. What would you have missed, that they brought to you?

 How much less, might you have become?

The heading on this blog says it is not intended to be 'preachy'. I am about to crowd that boundary. Hey it's my blog. What do you want for nothing, your money back?

I am a stumbling bumbling excuse for a Christian. I will spare details. But it makes the most sense to me. It answers my questions, the best.

You see, The Good Book says that "..Love never fails." We might, but Pure Love does not. It also says: "...now we have faith, hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love."

One day, the things we have had faith in, the things we have hoped for, will be reality. No longer will faith and hope be needed. But Love, Pure Love will last forever.

Our time here is short.

So say thanks! Thanks for making me better than I would have been on my own. Let those that you love, know. Take a few well chosen words, and tell them. Put it in a note, make a call, remove any doubt.

Love is the only lasting thing we can give.

This Ramble is dedicated to the Love of my life, my beautiful wife.

I would never have amounted to much, without you.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment